It is December, Boundary Season is Now Open


Four Rules:
1-    No credit-card binging
2-    Try not to make it ONLY about ‘others’
3-    Repeat this word as much as possible and see what happens: ‘Enough’
4-    Go outside and play!
enough enough Enough enough

Every day is actually a day to know your boundaries, but December offers extra challenges to everyone. 
Try not to make this month ONLY about ‘others’.  It is important to take care of yourself during the holiday season.  Rest, relax, play.  This is the season when people feel so much pressure and expectations from others and from ourselves.  Some of those expectations may be real some are imagined. It is good to sit down and talk with those closest to you about expectations for the holiday season and get clear on your priorities and how you will spend your time. Not just serve, plan, shop, wrap, give, work extra, give, give, do, do, do.  I do some things to be sure I have saved some time for myself to go for long walks, and to play and have fun with my family.  I like to knit, but I need to limit how much knitting for ‘others’ I expect of myself.  Each year I make my husband one sweater, but I allow myself to complete it whenever I get it done, not necessarily in December. I don’t believe in credit card gifting, so I focus on not binge-spending. Everything looks so darn appealing this time of year. I take inventory in my closet to remind myself that I have plenty of clothes, and so does everyone else I love.
The word that helps me with boundaries in December is ‘Enough’.