Joy

HEART MESSAGE #3: JOY


One of the brightest moments for me is right now. This week...the holidays, the superbowl of non profit work. My greatest job comes from acting as a facilitator for giving. I love being able to give people a way to give in a way that is meaningful to them- whether that means filling a stocking, buying a gift, or providing dinner for a family. I often feel that, as the middle man, I get the see the best parts of both parties, the giver and the receiver. I love the relief in a parents face when they find out that they are getting help , without asking, for the holidays. I also love watching my staff work together for long days, putting together gifts for families, and literally laughing all the way. We are very blessed to be in a community (global community) where people ARE good.- Marci Volmer, Area Director Boys and Girls Clubs of Snohomish County

Marci is one of the incredible beings I had in my leadership class.  This exchange between people, that Marci describes above, is the essence of leadership, it is the way we exchange something with each other. It is our attitude, our intention, the way we receive and "see" the heart of each other. May 2015 be filled with thoughtful interactions. Wishing you joy.- Sarri

Every day in many communities across the country Boys and Girls Clubs are providing a safe place for kids before and after school while their parents work. These crucial settings help with homework, snacks, fun activities, and keep many many kids safe. If you would like to learn more, click here.